Since interest in doing prompts is waning, I'm going to gear my support toward existing comms such as Lucky 7's
, Oncoming Storms
, and Charloft
. Thanks to everyone that put forth some effort and turned out some very good drabbles.
A friend has been kidnapped and you're being blackmailed to do something you normally would never do. The usual. But it's okay, your friend is so irritating the kidnapper decides to return them rather than put up with them.
Harry knew better than to let himself be blackmailed. He still had contacts at UNIT and MI5, so Sarah's kidnappers weren't hard to track down. Although discovering they were aliens mafe it harder to keep MI5 out of it and let UNIT deal with it.
Just as Harry was despairing, Sarah asked what was going on.
Amazed to see her, Harry spun round and hugged her briefly. "What happened?" he asked. "What did you do to them?" He dreaded to think.
She grinned. "I complained. They were such chauvinists."
Harry laughed. He could just imagine what she put them through.
Blue Oyster Cult lyrics:
1. "Workshop of the Telescopes"By silverfish imperetrix, whose incorrupted eye
Sees through the charms of doctors and their wives
By salamander, drake, and the power that was undine
Rise to claim Saturn, ring and sky
By those who see with their eyes closed
You'll know me by my black telescope
2. "Mistress of the Salmon Salt"In the fall when plants return
By harvest time, she knows the score
Ripe and ready to the eye
But rotten somehow to the core
3. "Flaming Telepaths"Experiments that failed too many times
Transformations that were too hard to find
Poison's in my bloodstream, poison's in my pride
I'm after rebellion, I'll settle for lies
4. "E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence"I'm in fairy rings and tower beds
"Don't report this," three men said
Books by the blameless and by the dead
King in yellow, queen in red
5. "Nosferatu"He screamed with fear, he'd stayed too long in her room
The morning sun had come too soon
The spell was broken with a kiss of doom
He vanished into dust, left her all aloneMod Note: An activity check is going to happen next Thursday. Also, recommendations are still open for posting.
Monty Python quotes:
1. “Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!”
2. “-She turned me into a newt!
-I got better...”
3. “Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!”
4. “He's not the Messiah - he's a very naughty boy.”
5. “Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!”
Victimization. We all have our enemies. One of your enemies does one or more of these things to you:
1. You are phased to another plane of existance. You are invisible and can't be heard while others are buying into your enemy's plans. Optionally, your reflection can still be seen.
2. A friend has been kidnapped and you're being blackmailed to do something you normally would never do. The usual. But it's okay, your friend is so irritating the kidnapper decides to return them rather than put up with them.
3. You were being worshipped as a mythical figure in an exotic kingdom. But now you just figured out your role is to be sacraficed to their god/goddess in some bizarre and uncomfortable way.
4. Someone switches bodies with you, but as a side-effect you figure out that you can switch again with anyone you want. And again and again if necessary. Try not to wreak too much chaos before you get back to yourself.
5. Come up with a plot for a polar opposite duplicate of your character to do against the prime version of your character, possibly with a history to provide them with motivation to do so if you don't have a negative version readily available.
James Bond ThemesDiamonds are forever,
1. "Diamonds are Forever" - Shirley Bassey
Sparkling round my little finger.
Unlike men, the diamonds linger;
Men are mere mortals who
Are not worth going to your grave for.
2. "You Only Live Twice" - Nancy Sinatra
You only live twice or so it seems,
One life for yourself and one for your dreams.
You drift through the years and life seems tame,
Till one dream appears and love is its name.
3. "The World is Not Enought" - Garbage
People like us
Know how to survive
There's no point in living
If you can't feel alive
4. "Thunderball" - Tom Jones
He knows the meaning of success.
His needs are more so he gives less.
They call him the winner who takes all,
And he strikes like thunderball.
5. "The Man with the Golden Gun" - Lulu
Love is required whenever he's hired,
It comes just before the kill.
No-one can catch him, no hit man can match him
For his million dollar skill.
►►►Leave Recommendations Here◄◄◄
- ►Name: Twilight Zone RPG
►Information: Journal and Log based role-play community where the action takes place in the main community. It's very heavily based off the old Twilight Zone RPG, discourages anime, and is an excellent place for human type characters. There is also a wide variety of fandoms the characters are drawn from.
- ►Name: Time and Crack
►Information: A small Doctor Who oriented journal RP. There are quite a few rarely seen Who characters.
- ►Name: All Good Things RP
►Information: A relatively new RP where you can play any universe version of a Star Trek character you wish, and also original Trek characters if you have enough information. Based off the series finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, "All Good Things".
Carl Sagan quotes:
1. "But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
2. "For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
3. "In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
4. "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
5. "The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent."
[(Late because of moving difficulties. My apologies. Recs will go up a little later today.)]